Montag, 7. November 2011

The Husk - Vantage Points (Martin)

Covered in darkness, I hide inside. Without light, my confinement seems eternal.
No track of time, squelched to dust, forgotten, forsaken.
I rest peacefully, without anger, fear or regret.
My only companion is the iron of my small cell. No window, no door to release me.
I do not care.
Lurking in silence, I wait for my time to come.
Only one purpose is known to me, manufactured in the depth of nowhere, I slumber until my release.
The days run by, time seems like an abstract concept to me, a cloudy idea, floating above me.
Then, suddenly a stroke trembles my humble home. The walls are moving, I feel lifted.
Tumbled in my prison, excitement starts rising in me.
The momentum stops.
A silent click.
Suspended in midair, I patiently wait.
A hard shock as I feel accelerated.
I feel weightless.
A sudden hit is shaking me.
Puzzled I keep tripping over myself.
Heat inclines.
I feel invigorated, an enormous power gets a hold of me.
The iron cannot keep me any longer.
My husk breaks.
I burst into the fresh air, immediately growing to majestic proportion.
Obstacles keep crossing my way but my touch turns them to dust.
I feel free!
At the height of my blazing escape, fatigue creeps up on me.
My energy vanishes, I crumble.
The last vapors of my glorious peak are still floating in the air and I finally fall to sleep.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen