Mittwoch, 23. November 2011

Discrete Ocean - Vantage Points (Martin)

Swimming on solid ground, I feel lost.
It is not my right place, I do not fit.
All alone, I am surrounded by fellow scatters, drifting in a sea of uncertainty.
Dressed in blue as the others, only a thin brown line distinguishes me from my company. A scar, barely visible to the eye, my only trademark.
I toss and turn, but everything seems to look the same. I cannot get a hold on the others.
They stand side by side, some in blue, some more colorful, drawing figures to mock me.
My distress grows, I am waiting silently, resting for hours in the same spot.
Suddenly, shadow falls over me.
A gentle touch, I am being picked up from my misery.
From above, I can see many like myself, lying alone on the cold wood, far from home.
But my heart jumps, as I am getting closer to the cluster, to the others, hugging themselves in joy, a happy assembly.
I reach out and I am able to grab on.
A warm welcome, embraced in blue.
Look! I see another with almost the same scar as mine!
The brown lines connect, this is my place.
I finally fit!
And now I am beginning to see the whole picture.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen